This nationawide project allows students to gain insights into the administration of large protected areas in Germany, thus gaining valuable experience for their studies and later career.
The aim of the Umweltpraktikum (Environmental Internship) is to sensitise students for sustainable development and to disclose career prospects in the field of nature conservation and ecology. Commerzbank pays a stipend and provides accommodation, the national park authority assumes the mentoring.
What will be your duties in Hainich National Park?
- coordinating and conducting nature programmes, for kindergartens and schools
- planning and conducting events at the Environmental Education Centre UBiS and in our "Green Classrooms"
- supporting the school project "Adopted Woodland"
- assisting with and organising exhibitions and national park events, manning our information desk at events of other institutions
- conceptual advancement of our environmental education offers
- writing texts for press releases and other publications
What do we offer you?
- an uncomplicated and cooperative working environment as part of the national park team
- possibilities of professional further training in the form of excursions and conferences
- freedom for creativity, own projects and ideas
What should you have to offer?
- personal responsibility, creativity and flexibility
- enjoy working with children and young people
- enthusiams for the idea behind national parks and natur conservation
- biological basic knowledge of native plants and animals
- organising ability and an ability to communicate easily with people
What is the duration of the internship?
- 3 months voluntary internship or up to 6 months mandatory internship, annually from April to October
Please apply online http://www.umweltpraktikum.com/